Monday, May 12, 2014

Nurses' Day Cards


Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you had a fabulous mother's day weekend...even if you're not a mother (like me!).  I had a nice lazy weekend but surely sad to see it end.  I thought I'd share the above pic with you all just because they're so pretty.  My hubby's aunt grew these peonies and brought me some to enjoy.  Gorgeous!!!

I wanted to share a couple of cards with you that I made over the weekend.  I was asked to make a card for a nursing school graduate, then asked to make a card for someone for Nurses' Day.  I had no clue what to design, so I went to Pinterest.  I found some inspiration there, of course.  Here's a link to the inspiration card: Scrub Card.  And here are mine:


First of all - Please disregard the bad photos.  I forgot to take pictures until I got to work, then had to take them at my desk under the lovely fluorescent lights.

I designed the card on my Silhouette, using basic shapes for most of it.  I downloaded the stethoscope, band aids and scissors all in one file from the silhouette store.


For the bandages, I accidentally discovered that if I cover some brown paper with my peach-with-silver-polka-dot washi tape, it looks like band aids!  So, that's what I did.  Aren't they cute?


This is my favorite part of the card.  I cut the red R.N. portion with the cameo, then did print and cut for the name badge.  I love my Cameo!!  This was the first time I've used that feature and I. LOVE. IT.


I was really pleased with how it turned out.  Although, as I was editing my pictures, I did think it odd that I made this body card with no head or arms.  Freaky.

My boss also asked for this card to be made in blue to match the scrubs they wore in nursing school.  Here's that one:


You can see the "stitching" marks around the collar and pocket.  I added those in the design on silhouette and it cut them for me.  How genius is that cameo?!?!?

Have a great Monday!
Cheryl


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!