Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fun Chapstick Holder

My mom's birthday was a couple weeks ago and in lieu of a card, I made a little "Happy Birthday" chapstick holder.  Here it is...


I got a new paper pack from Hobby Lobby the last time they had a 50% off sale and I've been waiting to use it.  It's called Ninth Street by The Paper Studio.  I {heart} this paper!


I found the dimensions for the chapstick holder online, then designed it on my Silhouette.  The flowers and label are some free SVG's I found on Pinterest.  I cut them out and inked all the edges with charcoal ink.


I adhered three pieces of twine to the teal paper, then added the front and back panels and the embellishments on the front.


I added the strip in the middle and the side panels inside.  I added the chapstick (It's organic by Sierra Bees from iherb.com - Love it!), signed it and voila!  All done!  It was so simple and I think it's nice to do something different from a card occasionally.  I am working on tweaking the Silhouette file, then I'll be offering that for download, if anyone is interested.

I hope you're all having a great week so far.  We're halfway through...

Cheryl


1 comment:

  1. Yes, Yes, Yes, Cheryl...please share your Cameo file with us. I just got a Cameo 2 days ago from HSN and am so excited. I've only used the Cricut Expression and need a LOT of help learning to use the Cameo. Don't know if I'm smart enough to figure it out, but I'm sure ging to try. Watching lots of UTube videos on silhouette. Thanks again...love this holder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!