Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fun Chapstick Holder

My mom's birthday was a couple weeks ago and in lieu of a card, I made a little "Happy Birthday" chapstick holder.  Here it is...


I got a new paper pack from Hobby Lobby the last time they had a 50% off sale and I've been waiting to use it.  It's called Ninth Street by The Paper Studio.  I {heart} this paper!


I found the dimensions for the chapstick holder online, then designed it on my Silhouette.  The flowers and label are some free SVG's I found on Pinterest.  I cut them out and inked all the edges with charcoal ink.


I adhered three pieces of twine to the teal paper, then added the front and back panels and the embellishments on the front.


I added the strip in the middle and the side panels inside.  I added the chapstick (It's organic by Sierra Bees from iherb.com - Love it!), signed it and voila!  All done!  It was so simple and I think it's nice to do something different from a card occasionally.  I am working on tweaking the Silhouette file, then I'll be offering that for download, if anyone is interested.

I hope you're all having a great week so far.  We're halfway through...

Cheryl