Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Funky Flower Card



Happy Tuesday Everyone!  Today I want to share a funky flower card with you.  And to tell you I made a decision - it's serious, so listen closely.  I am vowing to not put flowers on my next 5 cards.  I have a serious addiction to making flowers and I think I need to branch out, so this is the last flower card you'll see for a few weeks.  Just don't judge me too harshly if I fall off the wagon.  It's tough for me to stay away from those flowers.  True story.




My bestest pal, Maribel, has a daughter named Brittany, who just started her senior year of high school.  As the Children's Pastor at our church, I've had the privilege of working with Brittany for many years as a part of our puppet team.  She's more than just my friend's kid; she's my friend and I enjoy working with her.  So, I made this card for her birthday a few weeks ago.  I didn't want to give her a boring or fancy card, so I went with something funky.  The blue paper is actually from the back side of the striped paper.  I love double sided paper because it makes it so easy to coordinate stuff!

The flower and leaves are from Flower Shoppe.  I got this cute button in the dollar spot at Walmart a while back.  I love them because they are adhesive and already have dimensional foam on the back.

The card base measures 4" x 8".  I just used a piece of 8" x 8" cardstock and folded it in half.  I had lots of issues with this card.  First, I wanted to tie twine on the button, but none of the colors I have looked right.  Then, my dark blue ink didn't match the flower so I had to settle for orange on the stamp.  Overall, it's not what I envisioned exactly, but I still like it.

Card Recipe
Base - Recollections Cardstock
Patterned Paper - Blue/Stripes: October Afternoon, Green: The Paper Studio
Stamp - Stampendous!
Ink - Studio G
Button - Studio G
Cartridges/Cuts - Flower Shoppe (flowers @ 2.5", 1.75", 1") (leaves @ 1.75")


Have a fantabulous day!
Cheryl



1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!