Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Product Review - Scissors

Have you ever seen the show Hoarders?  I used to be really hooked on that show.  I have no idea why, actually.  Confession Time - While my house doesn't look like those on that show, sometimes I notice that I have tendencies toward hoarding things.  It's like I must have more than one of the same item, or a variation of that item.  I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I have a massive pen collection.  I am not exaggerating - we're talking (at last count) over 1000.  Why does any rational person need that many pens?  They don't!  But I am not always rational and therefore I need them.  And I love those pens very, very much.  And I will know if you borrow one and don't return it, trust me.  The knowledge I have about writing instruments is completely useless yet vast.

Anyhow...I got on this kick a while ago where I kept buying scissors.  I have no idea why... maybe it's because they were cheaper than Cricut Cartridges?  Needless to say, I have several pair of scissors, all different, in my desk.  Today, I thought I'd highlight my favorites.


The first pair I'd like to show you are the Tonic Studios Tim Holtz 817 Kushgrip Non Stick Micro Serrated Snips. This is my newest scissor purchase.  I must admit - I bought these solely because I kept seeing them in someones video and thought they looked like neato scissors.  No other reason.  I was pleasantly surprised by them.  The grip is extremely comfortable, especially for a long period of use.  They cut quite well and cleanly.  The only drawback, and it's a small one, is that the tip isn't as precise as I'd like.  Overall, I would recommend them highly for your everyday scissors.  You can purchase them at Amazon by clicking the link above, or the picture, if you're interested.



For precise cutting, I prefer the EK Success Cutter Bee Precision-Cut Scissors. These little babies are fab-u-lous!  They cut with great precision and are super sharp.  I can show you a scar on my finger to prove it!  These are some of the best scissors I've ever owned.  The only drawback is that they're small, so they're not great for big cutting jobs.  Otherwise, I love, love, love them!


I can't mention the Cutter Bee scissors without mentioning the EK Success Honey Bee Non-Stick Craft Scissors.  These are essentially the same as the Cutter Bee, but with non-stick blades. They cut just as well, but are made for cutting sticky things.  Although they work pretty well, I have noticed mine still get "gunky" on the blades depending on what I'm cutting.  They are not completely non-stick, but are much better than traditional scissors when cutting foam tape, sticky strip, etc.



So, there you have it!  My picks for the best scissors out there.  What do you use?  I love to hear your feedback on the products you love!

Have a blessed day!
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. When I started this fun hobby, I bought The Cutter Bee scissors and used them on everything including sticky tape. After trying to clean the gunk off which almost resulted in a trip to the ER, I bought another pair and use them only for paper. I found a pair of non stick scissors at Hobby Lobby priced at only $6.99. I use them for any "sticky" things and find them to work very well. In fact, I bought another pair yesterday just so I can have 2 pairs. Hmmmm a hoarder in training???? Thanks for your reviews. Do you have any comments on The Cinch vs. The Bind It All? That may be my next big purchase and I have done a little comparison on my own, but I'm always open to other's opinions.Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharron, I have the Bind It All and I love it! When I bought mine, I did a little research and thought this was a better choice for me. I will do some research if you'd like and let you know the pros and cons. Send me an email to pinkandpaper@gmail.com and I will reply with my findings.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Cheryl

      Delete
  2. lol i found another person that loves pens!!! i have two big bags full of them and nobody better touch them.

    as far as scissors im not picky but really like the cutter bee ones

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pen Lovers of the world unite!!!!! =) I always say my addiction to pens is much healthier and cheaper than all the bad addictions out there...LOL!

      Cheryl

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!