Monday, June 25, 2012

Altered Memo Pads - #1

Happy Monday to you all!  I hope your week is off to a good start.  It was surely hard to get out of bed this morning to that blaring alarm!  Don't you think alarm clocks are one of the worst sound in the world??  I do. Especially at 6:00 am....

Since I taught two craft classes at our retreat last week, I thought I'd share some of our projects.  One of our crafts was altered memo pads.  I love these little cuties!  I could make them all day.  I made several styles as examples, so I'm going to share them with you over the next few days.  Here's the first one...

(I took these shots in a big rush, so please ignore the poor lighting!)  I was inspired to make these by Dawn Chau.  You should check out her blog - She has some great ideas!

I posted detailed instructions for making these here.


For this memo pad, I began with a base of kraft cardstock cut at 3"x5".  I added a patterned green mat (Recollections) cut at 2.75" x 4.5", then added the happy veggie paper (Cosmo Cricket) cut at 2.5" x 4.25".  Don't those happy veggies make you want to buy healthy things?


I cut the polka dot paper (Cosmo Cricket) at 3" x 1" and the green mat (Recollections) at 3" x 1.5".  I added some red twine (Pink & Paper) to make it look more snazzy.


I created the sentiment on kraft cardstock (Recollections) using my computer.  I used a stamp I saw for inspiration.  I then punched the sentiment using a 1.25" circle punch (The Paper Studio).  I punched a green circle at 1.5" (EK Success punch) and a yellow circle (Cosmo Cricket) at 2" (The Paper Studio punch).

I'll be posting a few more memo pads over the next few days.  Since I was making these kits for the ladies at retreat, I used the same basic pieces for each pad, just changing the paper and the layout.  What do ya think?

Until next time,
Cheryl





1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love the veggie paper and the added twine. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!