Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Yesterday was my mom's birthday, so I wanted to share the card I made for her.
With all the busy things I've had going on the last couple of months,  I haven't had alot of card crafting time.  So, when I sat down at my desk to make this card, I drew a total blank.  So I sat.  And sat.  And sat.  Then, I took a nap, went to the bank and came back.  And sat some more!  It was a nice relaxing Saturday, but certainly not as productive as I'd hoped.  I finally came up with something that I liked in the end.

I started with a pre-made card base in white, and inked it using Antique Linen distress ink.  All the paper and cardstock is by Recollections.  All the dimensions and cut sizes are listed below.

I added the sentiment using white paper and inked the edges as well.  As you can see, the ink color on the stamp is somewhat muted.  I had been on the lookout for a dark, dark brown ink pad for quite some time.  I have several shades of brown, but a lot of times the ink still looks too light when I stamp with it.  I was a Michael's a few weeks ago and they had a 50% off sale on their brand of ink pads, so I bought one that was a super dark brown, almost black.  So, when I stamped with it, this is what I got!  I actually like the color, but it's certainly not dark brown!  Can anyone suggest a good dark brown ink?

The rolled flowers are from Flower Shoppe.  I inked the edges using Antique Linen as well and added a pearl to the center of each one.

Here's the inside of the card.  Simple, but I like it to match the front.

Card Recipe:
White Card Base - 6.5" x 5"
Teal Mat - 6.25" x 4.75"
Floral Paper - 6" x 4.5"
Striped Paper - 4.5" x 2.75"
Flowers - Flower Shoppe, cut at 2.75"
Pearls - Recollections
Stamp - Stampabilities
Ink - Recollections (Brown), Distress Ink (Antique Linen)

That's it for today, folks!  I hope you have a fantabulous Monday!

Hugs,
Cheryl




5 comments:

  1. I think it looks great cheryl!! my two favs for dark brown stamp pads are the stazon timber brown and the colorbox brown at Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love the rolled flowers and that paper line is one of my favs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "T" totally awesome card. TFS.
    Hugs, CyndiU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...those flowers are fab! I too have trouble with getting my brown to be dark enough. I usually use a marker to color the sentiment stamp to get the brown to be dark. I'm thankful for teachdanz' reply because I'll be looking for those stamps pads too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thta is beautiful! I LOVE it. I was hoping you were going to tell us how to make the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!