Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One more...


I have one more Mother's Day card to share with you.  As I mentioned before, I was asked to make some brightly colored cards for a display for Mother's Day.  I think this one is my favorite!
This is a really quick and simple card to make.  For the base, I welded a rectangle from George & Basic Shapes with a border from Elegant Edges to give it a scalloped edge.  If you don't have a Gypsy or Design Studio, you could easily cut them separately, as the sentiment will cover the seam.  I inked the edges of everything and adhered it to a kraft base.
The flower is from Flower Shoppe.  Up until now, all I've made are some flat flowers or rolled flowers. I decided to be brave and make what I guess you'd call a combo flower.  (OK, I know I made that up, but I have no idea what to call it!)  I used several cuts from Flower Shoppe together to make it and I think it's just beautiful.  I {heart} this flower.  Here's what I cut to make it...
I know this is not a great picture, but it's the only overlay picture I could find.  It's certainly easier than trying to describe which flowers I cut!


I wanted the sentiment to be a soft color, so I stamped it using the distress ink I used on the edges.  I added the flower with a foam dot.

Card Recipe:
Base - Recollections cardstock, 4.25" x 5.5"
Scallop border - K&Company paper, from Elegant Edges, cut at 1"
Patterned base - K&Company paper, cut at 4.5" x 3.5" (or sized with Gypsy from George & Basic)
Blue Dot strip - Recollections paper, 0.5" x 3.5"
Pink strip - Recollections cardstock, 0.75" x 3.5"
Flower - Recollections cardstock, info above
Stamp - Stampendous
Ink - Distress Ink in Tea Dye

That's all for today, folks!  Have a fantabulous day!

Blessings,
Cheryl




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card. That flower is spectacular! I love how you explain everything so well. Adding the picture makes it clear and easy for someone to try it themselves. You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!