Friday, March 9, 2012

Shabby Chic Card

I {heart} My Mind's Eye paper, don't you?  A couple of weeks ago, I picked up the Lost & Found stack by My Mind's Eye at Hobby Lobby (on sale, of course).  I am loving it!  I bought the 6x6 stack and that's the perfect size for cards.
This card is based on an older sketch from Mojo Monday.  I saw several cards made using this sketch and loved the layout, so I knew I had to make one.  The card base measures 6.5" x 5".  I cut the blue mat at 6.25" x 4.75".  The pink strip across the center measures 1.75" x 6.25".

The scalloped frame and ovals are from Elegant Edges.  I cut the scalloped oval at 2" and the plain ovals at 1.75" and 1.5".  To make the "stained" looking edge on the center oval, I cut another out at 1.25" and held it in the middle of the larger one.  I then inked all around it with Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  That left me with a shadowish, stained looking edge and I like it!  I inked all of my edges using that same ink.

The flowers and leaves all came from Flower Shoppe and I'm sorry - I didn't write down the sizes!  Oops!  I added the score mark down the center of each leaf with my folding tool from my Cricut tool kit.  I added light pink pearls to the center of each flower make them fancy schmancy!

And last, here's the inside of the card.  I didn't want to use too much of my precious paper, so I just added a little embellishment to the inside.

Normally, I am really into bold, bright colors but I really like this card.  It's all soft and romantic and sweet.... Have a great day!

Blessings,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!