Friday, March 9, 2012

Scraps!!!

I'm sure there's not a self respecting paper crafter out there that doesn't love scraps.  Big ones.  Little ones.  Skinny ones.  You name it - we love it!  One of the biggest pains in my craft area is my scrap storage, so I'm turning to you wonderful people for help!  For about a year or so now, I've stored my solid colored scraps in an accordion file, similar to this one:


The problem is small scraps fall to the bottom and are hard to find.  Also, patterned paper is a whole other problem.  I have those all in a drawer and they're a mess.  I've found some ideas online that look interesting and I want to share them with you.



Isn't this scrap box cute?  Patter at Triple the Scraps blog embellished this storage box that houses hanging folders.  I think it's adorable.  This could be nice and portable.


On the Paper Crafts Connection blog, she's shown a great way to store scraps.  I love the idea of making little file folders!  They're just precious!  And, of course, the pink bins are delicious!

I like both of these ideas, and I can see some pros and cons to both.  Now....I'd love your input.  How do you store scraps - both solid and patterned paper?  Remember - I craft in a tiny corner of my living room, so I have very limited space.  There are tons of ideas out there, but not many will fit in my space!  Thanks for your help with this matter!

Blessings,
Cheryl 


2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I use a file cabinet for my scraps. I sort them by color into the folders and I have an extra folder for the patterned paper to go in with the solids. That way I have the colors together, but seperated by folders.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea with the pink plastic boxes :)
    Right now I store mine in a plastic container that came with
    dividers, it's clear and seperated by color. Got it at Michaels!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!