Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday....already?

Is it Monday already?  Where did the weekend go?  Mine went by way too fast.  My hubby and I were fighting off a cold all weekend, so it made for a pretty dull time.  I still feel stuffy and achy and am ready for bed and it's only 12:35 in the afternoon!  Don't you love cold and allergy season?  Ick!

Today I want to share a birthday card I made for my dad.  I saw this sentiment on the Cricut message board a while back and have been waiting to use it on a masculine birthday card.  I think it's perfect for a man!  I will apologize in advance for the terrible pictures this week.... I was in a major rush and just took the pics on my desk instead of setting up the lights, box, etc.  I was being lazy!!!

The card measures 6.5" x 5.  The truck is from Just Because Cards and I cut it at 3.5".  I inked the edges using brown ink, added some accents with my white gel pen and added brads to the wheels.  I just love this little truck.  I think he's cute!

This is the front of the card.  I printed the sentiment from my computer.  I added the twine around the striped area to keep it from being boring!  The only thing I dislike is that I ran out of colored ink in my printed.  I had hoped to print the letters in color to make it fancier, but it didn't work out.

Here's the inside and the punchline of the card.  Isn't that funny?  As I said earlier, I can't take credit for it.  I saw it online and wrote it down for future use.

Here's a pic of the envelope.  This is one feature I love about Just Because Cards.  It makes it really simple to get your envelope to match your card.

We had a potluck dinner at church last night for my dad, our Pastor, which is where I gave him this card.  I also made a banner which I'll share with you soon.  Toodles!

Blessings,
Cheryl



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card!! The sentiment makes me laugh:-) Great color choices too! Try mucinex for the cold - it really helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!