Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mojo Monday...a liltte late!

Does it ever seem there aren't enough hours in the day?  Some days I feel I could use some extra hours for sure.  I made this card last week based on the Mojo Monday sketch...then ran out of time to post it!
The card base measures 5.5" square.  The patterned paper is from the Latte Stack by DCWV and the solid card stock is by Colorbok (Yea for cheap card stock at Walmart!!).  I cut scalloped shape from my favorite cartridge of the moment, Elegant Edges.


The heart comes from Plantin Schoolbook.  I wanted to heart to be more elongated, so I stretched it a bit with my Gypsy, then made a shadow for it.  I hand cut the banner for the sentiment, then added some hemp twine and a button.

This was a really simple card.  As I mentioned previously, I'm fairly new at sketch challenges, but I've noticed those card sketches really help when I'm having creative brain drain!

Have a blessed day!
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. Love this card. The colors are awesome, and I love how you tied the twine around it and added the bow.
    Very pretty!
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with robin! It maybe too late to be entered in the challenge, but it's a winner with me!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this, simple but very nice. I really NEED Elegant Edges!!! Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love the colors and the twine... It is a great simple card... love, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!