Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Cupcake Card


Happy Monday!  Did we even have a weekend?  Mine blew by way too fast and now I'm back at work...ugh!  Today I have a super quick, fun card to share with you.

I was inspired by a few cards I saw on Pinterest over the weekend.  There were several cards with this layout using hearts, stars, etc - so I figured why not a cupcake?  I wanted to link back to my inspiration, but instead of re-pinning the images so I could refer back to them, I just left the internet browser open....then my laptop battery died and I lost all my windows.  Smart move, Cheryl.  And, of course, I have no idea where I found them on Pinterest and I can't find them again.  But they were really pretty, I promise!

Here's a closer look at the sentiment and the cupcake.  The sentiment stamp is from Stampabilities.  I stamped it in brown ink on some golden yellow card stock.  I hand cut the banner and layered it to make it fancier.

The cupcake is from Straight From the Nest and I just love it!  It's a different little cupcake and it makes me happy.  I cut it at 2.5".  I inked all the edges in brown and covered the cherry with glossy accents. (If you look at the first picture, you can see that glossy sheen!)  I've had this patterned paper forever and have never really had a use for it so I'm glad I was able to use it.

I hope your Monday moves right along happily!

Blessings,
Cheryl




  

1 comment:

  1. very cute card, and I love that cupcake,it is a little different, but I think that's what I like about it too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!