Friday, March 30, 2012

Fun Flower Card

TGIF!  I don't know about you, but it seems like it's taken me a long time to make it to Friday!  The work week is almost over and I am so ready for it!

I wanted to make a fun, girlie card to give to a friend and this is what I came up with.  I've had this paper for long time and haven't known what to do with it.  I love paper that has word art but sometimes it's hard to use, I think.  The printed paper is from DCVW All About Girls stack.  (I have decided to start posting the cut sizes, carts, etc at the end of each post, so please look below for all the specifics)

The flower is from Flower Shoppe.  I was just counting the days until I got this cart, and I haven't used it as much as I'd like.  I've been busy and, although they're not difficult, the flowers do take some time to ink up and put together.  I plan to use it more in the future!  I inked the edges of the flower and mat with purple ink, then added a purple button to the center of the flower.  I stamped the sentiment, then hand cut around it to make the pennant shape.

Here's a shot of the inside of the card.  I used to never decorate the inside of my cards, but I realized they shouldn't just be pretty on the outside.  If you don't fancy up the inside of your cards, you should try it!  Even if you just add a flower or a strip of matching paper, it really makes a difference.

The one downside to using Flower Shoppe cuts on your card is the envelope situation.  The rolled flowers are way too thick for a regular envelope.  For this card, I made a box envelope.  It's not perfect, but once I come up with a good way to make these, I'll pass it along.

Card Recipe:

Front of card
Card Base: 5" x 6.5"
Teal mat: 4.75" x  4.5"
Patterned paper: 4.25" x  4.5"
Flower (Flower Shoppe cart): 7.25"
Leaves (Flower Shoppe cart): 1.5"

Inside of card
Patterned paper: 4.5" x 5.5"
Teal mat: 4.5" x 3"
White mat: 4.5" x 2.75"
Pink strips: 4.5" x 2", then punched with MS border punch

I wish you all a happy Friday and wonderful start to your weekend.  Happy crafting!
Cheryl










2 comments:

  1. I love that big flower, so pretty. I can totally relate to TGIF, and yes, even though I only had a 4 day work week, Friday was taking it's own sweet time getting here! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty. That flower was worth the effort. :) Since they are harder to mail, I'd probably just use the flowers on my scrapbooks and home decor. I really avoid paying extra on the postage. :P Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!