Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Birthday Banner

I mentioned in Monday's post that I made a birthday banner over the weekend. My dad is our Pastor at church.  Sunday was his birthday, so they planned a potluck dinner party for him.  I was asked to make a banner to hang up at the party.  Here's what I did...


I forgot to take pictures until I got to church with it, so the pics aren't great.  Here's the entire banner hanging on the wall.

I spent forever deciding what to do with this banner.  At first, I thought about using primary or bright colors.  I wanted it to be manly, so I settled on the "cardboard" look...ha ha.  I steered clear of bows, glitter, butterflies and flowers, sadly.  I cut each banner shape at 4" from Birthday Bash.  I cut the shadow in black and the main cut in kraft card stock.  I ran each piece of kraft through my crimper tool.  It's kinda funny because I had several people ask me if I used real cardboard.  So, I guess, mission accomplished!

The letters were cut at 3" from Birthday Bash as well.  The patterned is from Stack 7 by DCWV.  I inked the edges using black ink and tried to kinda smear it to make it look rugged and manly.  =)

In between each word, I put a piece with a red star on it, for a pop of color.  The star is from Gypsy Wanderings.  I tied each piece together using some twine I had on hand.

Here's a closer look at it hanging on the wall.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,
Cheryl




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!