Friday, February 24, 2012

Rainbow!

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down.  Without the rain, there would be no rainbows."

-Gilbert K. Chesterton

I believe rainbows are one of God's best creations, along with puppies, flowers and the morning sky in a lovely shade of pink while I'm driving to work.  The paper I used for this card is such a lovely shade of...rainbow!  Not in a traditional rainbow way, but definitely in the color scheme.


I actually made the envelope first, then made the card to match.  I had seen several examples of these kinds of envelopes with the "belly band" to hold them shut and I wanted to make one.


The envelope came from Wild Card.  I used the blackout feature to remove the detailed cuts on the flaps.


I then measured the width of the folded envelope and cut a "belly band".  OK - I understand why people call it that, but it makes my poor card sound like it's pregnant or something.  I'm gonna call it the belt, I think.  Anyway....back on track here.  The flower and leaves are from Flower Shoppe and I added the white mat to make it easier to see the name of the recipient.


When you remove the belt, this is how the envelope opens, to reveal the treasure inside!


For the card, I chose a shape from Elegant Edges and welded the shadows together.  I am not entirely in love with this card.  I like the envelope much better!


I stamped "Happy Birthday" in white and then embossed it with my heat gun and white embossing powder. 


To complete the card, I added faux stitching with my white pen and added some bling (Which I later regretted but couldn't get it off without tearing the paper!!).

Have a colorful, fabulous day!

Blessings,
Cheryl



1 comment:

  1. Cheryl you are making me want to go an buy elegant edges cart right now!!! I love your card... that shape is just beautiful and I love both the card and the envelope. BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!