Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Candles!

Good morning to you all! I hope your Tuesday is going well so far.  Before I get to the card, I would like to say THANKS to all of you for your kind comments and responses to my post about my weight loss efforts.  It's great to hear from others and know I'm not alone in this struggle.  My heart was happy hearing from you guys!

I wasn't sure whether to share this card or not.  When I made it, I kept thinking it was missing something, but I wasn't sure what?  I never figured out what to add, so I just left it.  The base measures 5" square.  The candles are from Wrap It Up, and I used the hide/contour feature on my Gypsy to hide the designs on them.

  Here's a closer look at the candles.  I inked the edges with black ink, then added some dots with my white gel pen just for fun!

The sentiment is a dollar stamp from Michael's.  I added the stamp with foam dots, tied some twine around the card, then added some bling to the bow.

I added more bling to the top right corner and voila!  As I said before, this card just seems...off.  I am not sure why.  I can say I was trying to put the candles on there in a haphazard fashion and it's driving me crazy that they're not straight!  I'm trying to branch out and not be so obsessive-compulsive-crazy-symmetrical!

I hope the rest of your day is splendid! Ta ta for now!

Blessings,
Cheryl

 


2 comments:

  1. Well...I really like this card! It is a happy, colorful card anyone would love to receive. As far the the candles, I think that's what gives a
    bit of whimsey. Good Job and many Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! I really like the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!