Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday...again?

What is it about Mondays that just make you want to stay in bed?  Sundays are really busy for me with my duties at church, so I think I need Monday to recuperate from my weekend!  Oh well....life doesn't work that way, does it?  Gotta go to work if I want to get paid...and eat...and have electricity...and all those other fun things.  Moving on....


I made this card several weeks ago and I couldn't find it on my thumb drive until today.  It was supposed to be posted last Tuesday as my last project for the month using “Songbird”, so it’s a little late.  The base is 4.25" x 5.5" and cut from kraft cardstock.  I hand cut the grass and added white stitching just for fun!

The cut from Songbird didn't have layers, so I cut it out once in each color, then cut them up to make my own layers.  It sounds tedious, but really didn't take much time at all.  If you lay them out carefully on your mat using your Gypsy or Craft Room, you can use scraps and save paper.  I cut the bird out twice so I could make him stand out a bit more using foam dots.  I hand cut his little yellow beak and added that on because he looked funny with no beak!

I used an alphabet stamp set from Studio G to make these words.  I stamped them in brown and inked the edges as well.  It doesn't show up great in the picture, but the words show up much better on the actual card.  I added white stitching to the signs to "jazz them up" a bit.  

 I hope you all have a happy and productive Monday.

Blessings,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Cheryl. I love the white stitching...very clever. Love how you popped up the bird too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Cheryl.Fabulous inking and pen work.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!