Thursday, February 2, 2012

I {heart} Valentines Day!

 Happy Thursday!  I hope you're all having a good morning so far.  I finally have something to share with you guys.  It seems like it's been forever!  Thanks to all of you for your kind wishes for me to get better - I am!

Don't you love Valentines day?  I do!  I'm sure it's because it's all about love and hearts and pink and romance...ha ha.  So, I decided to make a valentine card.  Not sure who it's for, but I'll figure that out later!


I used Live Simply for the base of the card.  I welded the shadows together and cut it in black.  The pink frame is cut using paper from the dollar section at Walmart.


It's a little hard to see, but I cut the pink frame twice.  The first layer I adhered directly to the base.  The second layer I added using foam tape for dimension.  The sentiment is a stamp from Michael's.  (I think I got it on clearance last year)  I hand cut the "banner" in white, then stamped it.


The hearts come from Gypsy Wanderings.  There wasn't a shadow for this cut, so I just sized the white layer a little bigger on my Gypsy.


 For the inside of the card, I added a simple white rectangle and some leftover hearts.  I have decided to enter this in the "Anything Goes" challenge at My Craft Spot.  I love doing challenges and haven't done one in a while.

It's not a very traditional looking valentine, but I like it!  Now....to figure out who should get it!  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Cheryl