Thursday, February 2, 2012

I {heart} Valentines Day!

 Happy Thursday!  I hope you're all having a good morning so far.  I finally have something to share with you guys.  It seems like it's been forever!  Thanks to all of you for your kind wishes for me to get better - I am!

Don't you love Valentines day?  I do!  I'm sure it's because it's all about love and hearts and pink and romance...ha ha.  So, I decided to make a valentine card.  Not sure who it's for, but I'll figure that out later!


I used Live Simply for the base of the card.  I welded the shadows together and cut it in black.  The pink frame is cut using paper from the dollar section at Walmart.


It's a little hard to see, but I cut the pink frame twice.  The first layer I adhered directly to the base.  The second layer I added using foam tape for dimension.  The sentiment is a stamp from Michael's.  (I think I got it on clearance last year)  I hand cut the "banner" in white, then stamped it.


The hearts come from Gypsy Wanderings.  There wasn't a shadow for this cut, so I just sized the white layer a little bigger on my Gypsy.


 For the inside of the card, I added a simple white rectangle and some leftover hearts.  I have decided to enter this in the "Anything Goes" challenge at My Craft Spot.  I love doing challenges and haven't done one in a while.

It's not a very traditional looking valentine, but I like it!  Now....to figure out who should get it!  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Cheryl


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like all the pattern paper and how it all flows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Cheryl!Love the shape and frame. Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    www.jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! The shape is fabulous and your papers are so bright and cheerful!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!