Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Songbird Week #3

It's Tuesday, so it's time for a card from this month's cartridge of choice, Songbird.  This card is not my usual style and very minimalist.  My husband really likes it, but I'm still not sure of it.  Tell me what you think...


I have to apologize because this is the only picture of the card I have.  I took several, however, they didn't turn out and now I've given the card away!  I am not sure what happened.  This photo isn't great, but it is the only one I have.

For the card, I cut the branch with the bird 3 times - once in brown, once in blue and once in green.  I cut out the bird and glued him on.  Then, I cut the ends of the branches off and let the green leaves show through.  I added some white accents to the leaves and added a gem for the birds eye.  The stamp is from the dollar bin at Michaels and I stamped and embossed it in white.  

I hope your Tuesday is going well.  Have a blessed day!

Cheryl


4 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful card. I just want to ask how you embossed the lettering? I don't have a cuttlebug but would love to start adding more dimension to my cards, any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Homemade Mommy - For the letting, I used embossing powder and a heat gun. It's really simple and fun to use! You can watch several videos on YouTube showing you how to do this and I got all my supplies at Michael's craft store. Also, I find that using alot of foam dots can help give cards alot of dimension. Use them to pop up a flower, a bird, a button - anything that's a focal point. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl,
    This card is adorable, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!