Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Songbird Card #1




Happy Wednesday!  This post was supposed to show up yesterday, but it never made it.  Oops!  I had unplanned things happen on Tuesday which prevented me from getting my pictures up in time...





Yesterday, I had to go back to work after 10 days off and I wasn't looking forward to it.  I hardly slept Monday night, so after I dragged myself out of bed, I was quite proud that I got out the door 5 minutes early.  I beat alot of the traffic, got parked and started walking the giant trek to my office.  (I work at a hospital and we have to park forever away in a garage)  Then the phone rang.  It was my hubby, who works nights, telling me he got in his car to leave work this morning, drove to the corner and realized his tire was F-L-A-T, flat!  Not just low - we're talking super duper flat.  We had just discussed last evening that it was losing air and we needed to buy new ones and were budgeting for them.  To top things off, his jack (which we'd never used before) is missing the stick/handle thingy to make it pump up.  I have no idea what it's called, but you screw it in and pump.  Handle?  Stick?  Pump Thingy?  I'm sure you ladies know what I'm talking about.  If you're a man, you know what I'm talking about too and you know the proper name, I'm sure.


Anyway, I had to trek back to the car and drive to the other side of town to take him the jack in my car.  Then, like a good wife, I stood outside in 30 degree weather with 30 mph frigid wind blowing my hair...and supervised.  Wives are good at that.  I have no idea why I chose to not sit in my heated car.  Oh wait...yes I do!  I had to oversee the task of changing a tire.  Which I've never done and have no idea how.  But, like a good wife, I "helped" and "supervised".  I did hold the screw/bolt/nut things that hold the tire on.  What would he have done without me?

Long story short, I finally arrived at work two hours later.  The day was uneventful from that point forward, but we had to go get new tires last night and run some other errands so my plans were all askew.

On to the cards...
Since the holidays have passed, we're back to highlighting a cartridge each month.  This month I've chosen Songbird.  I must admit, this isn't a cart that I had planned on buying.  Then I won it from a contest and started exploring.  I don't love the font, but I like some of the other cuts.

The card base is 4.25" x 5.5".  I cut the birdcage and shadow at 3.75".  The patterned paper is from a stack by K&Co.  Love their paper.

Since the cuts on this cart don't have layers, I cut the birdcage in red as well, then cut the bird out  and discarded the rest.  I added some accent dots with my white gel pen and brown sharpie.  I inked all the edges with brown ink.  On the center mat, I added brown polka dot ribbon and tied a simple bow.

As I mentioned previously, I've started making 2 cards at a time so I have one to keep and one to give away.   Here's my 2nd card.  It's just slightly different from the first.  I can't decide which one I like more.  What do you think?


Thanks for listening to my ramblings...and looking at my card.  Have a great evening!

Blessings,
Cheryl






3 comments:

  1. Pretty cards. I can't decide if I like the polka dot ribbon or the plain one better. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog and visiting during Diana's blogaversary! :) Great card! Please don't forget that you need to be a follower of my blog (if you aren't already) to be considered for my blog candy. And I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!