Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday, Monday!




It's Monday...again!  Normally, Mondays are my least favorite day of the week.  I am very busy with lots of church duties on Sunday, so I always feel rushed to get in bed on time on Sunday nights, which in turn makes for some tired, rough Monday mornings.  I'm off today (last day of my holiday time off), so today has been an abnormally good Monday....






Today I wanted to share a card that was made using Straight From the Nest.  I got this cartridge a couple of weeks ago when cricutmachine.com had a great sale.  I got it for $12.95 with free shipping!  Can't beat that deal!  I had been eyeing this cartridge for months, but wasn't sure I'd use it enough to pay alot for it.  When I saw that price, I had to buy it.  I am a little surprised because it has so many versatile cuts that aren't "bird-like" at all.  =)
 The paper I used is by The Paper Studio and is called "Hoot Hoot".  I love the bold colors and patterns.  Sidebar - Am I the only one who buys paper and then doesn't want to use it up because it's too pretty?  Surely I can't be the only crazy one out there who does this!  I bought this several weeks ago after drooling over it for weeks before that.  Then, I didn't want to use it up so I just sat it in the drawer!  My hubby finally convinced me to use it, assuring me I can always buy another pack of it.  I think it's my OCD.  I am a paper hoarder.  I admit it.
I cut the party hat from SFTN at 4.5" and added it with foam dots for dimension.  The card measures 5" x 6.5".  The stamp is from The Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby.  I stamped it in white, then embossed it to help it show up better.

Here's another version of the same card.  I learned a fabulous trick from Mary at Cardz TV a while back.  She said she makes 2 of every card, so she has one to keep and one to give.  I have started doing this and it's really come in handy when I need a quick card to send out.  Thanks, Mary!

For the second card, instead of making it identical, I changed the orientation and used a different stamp.  This one is by Verve (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE).  Although these cards are really simple, I am digging the great polka dot paper.  And I only had a little anguish when I cut it from that beautiful stack and used it up!  =)  

I have alot more to share, so be sure to check back soon!

Blessings,
Cheryl


3 comments:

  1. Love the colors! Great cards and I love that idea of making two. Thanks too for that website. What a great place to get good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really nice card! Good for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards and the idea of making two. Brilliant!! Oh, and *raises hand* I am a big paper hoader too. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!