Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Songbird #2


I finally took some pictures, so I'd like to share my second card made using Songbird.  I have really enjoyed making cards from this cartridge, to my great surprise!



For the base, I used a scalloped rectangle.  I welded the shape in the middle, using my Gypsy, to create the frame.  I added the frame using foam tape to make it stand out a little.  I cut the base at 4.5" and the birdcage was cut at 2.75".  I cut the birdcage out in ivory and in the reddish dot paper, then cut out the bird and added him, since this cart doesn't have layers.

I used the hide/contour feature on my Gypsy to hide the letter on the flowers and cut a total of 9, in different sizes, each 1/4" smaller than the previous.  I inked the edges and crinkled them a bit before adding a brad for the center.  
Here's the second card I made using the same pieces.  I just made it horizontal instead of vertical and changed the sentiment.  As I mentioned before, I try to always make 2 cards - one to give and one to keep - so I always have cards on hand.  


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you have a fabulous Tuesday.


Blessings,
Cheryl


1 comment:

  1. Really really lovely Cheryl. So soft and pretty. Amazing flowers and love the framing you did.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!