Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Flower Card



It finally happened.  We had snow last night in Oklahoma.  I think snow is one of the most beautiful things God ever created and have been waiting all winter for it to happen.  I came out of the door at church and saw these big, beautiful, swirling snowflakes glistening under the lights of the parking lot.  {big smiles}  It only lasted a short time, and I was hoping for more, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Today I want to share a simple card that I made a few weeks ago.  Sometimes I make cards and think “that’s not my style” or “that doesn’t look like a ‘Cheryl card’”.  I feel like this card is really “me”.  I just love the bright colors.  And if you can’t tell, I love flowers on cards.  I think about 90% of my cards have flowers on them. 



 I started with a plain white card, sized 4.25” x 5.5”.  The blue shape came from Elegant Edges and I used the base cut and the shadow and embossed it using a folder by The Paper Studio. 


I cut the flower from Plantin Schoolbook, making each layer ¼” smaller than the previous cut.  I stacked them together and added using foam tape for dimension.


The stamp is from the dollar bin at Walmart.  I stamped it in black, embossed it with clear powder then cut it out.  I {heart} this stamp!  To finish the card, I cut some leaves from Straight From the Nest.  I also added a button with some twine.  This card was super easy but it looks so cheerful and fun.  I don’t want to give it away.  I want to keep it and look at it and smile.  =)

I wish you all a fabulous day.  And if you’re somewhere that has had lots of snow…enjoy it!  And think of me, in Oklahoma, wishing for more.

Blessings,
Cheryl


4 comments:

  1. Cheryl,
    Love this card & all the layers, it is so pretty!
    We are suppose to get some snow here in Ohio today, hope it gets here soon!
    It is so peaceful when it snows, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Cheryl!!! :) It is stunning in its simplicity!

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. It is my style of card too! I don't have those 3 carts but I might look through mine and see how I can improvise. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your cards are beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    Kate
    Newaygo MI

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!