Sunday, January 22, 2012

Soft Pink Flower Card

Today I want to share a card with you that was inspired by Pinterest.  Have I mentioned this week how much I love that site?  I know I tell you every week.  I can't stay away!


For this card, I used some pastel-ish paper I've been saving for a while.  It came in a pack that I didn't love after I bought it, so I was just hanging on to it until I needed it.  The card base is from Smiley Cards.  I used my Gypsy to size a circle to fit on the card, and cut it twice, once in blue and once in the floral pattern.  I cut a strip of the peachy pink paper 1/2" wide and embossed it with the swiss dots Cuttlebug folder.

The sentiment is a stamp from the dollar bin at Walmart. 

I tried to match the style of the pink flower to the flowers in the patterned paper.  I cut the flower from Serenade and cut it at 2.50", 2.25" and 2.00".  I put each flower on with a foam dot to make it pop and added a button to the center.

I went to Michael's yesterday and - of course - checked out the dollar bin.  I found this super cute notepad that I had to buy...
That really says it all, doesn't it?  That has been my mantra a long time.  I often say my Cricut is cheaper than therapy!  I find it very calming and soothing to sit down and create.

Have a blessed day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card, love the siftness of the colors!
    Great flower! I really need to add flowers to more of my cards.
    Cute paper pad too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!