Thursday, January 19, 2012

Scalloped Thank You Card


Do you remember a few weeks ago when I admitted to all you that I was a paper hoarder?  I am happy to say that I've been using up some of my stash.  So, now I have another problem....


The card I'm going to share today is made with some of the paper I'd been holding on to.  Now, I don't wanna get rid of the card!  =) 

I made the base from Elegant Edges and welded the shadow of the shape together.

I cut an oval and created a shadow for it from George and Basic Shapes.  I used a stamp from the dollar bin at Michaels.  I inked everything using Chestnut ink.  


The butterfly is from Serenade.  I cut it twice and glued it down the middle so the wings could pop up.  I added some matching pearls to the body.


I added some tiny butterflies in aqua to the inside of the card, but didn't get a picture of them.  Once I designed this card, it was pretty easy to put together.  I made a few others using the same shape and I'll be sharing those with you later.

Smiles, hugs and blessings!
Cheryl






2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's beautiful!!! :) And what a great stamp (for only a dollar?!)!

    Thanks so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!
    I feel your pain about some of my paper too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!