Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Craft Spot Challenge #32

I haven't participated in a challenge for a while, so I got busy this week.  I made this card for the Monday challenge at My Craft Spot.  The challenge is to create a project with a Thanksgiving theme.  

I created this card using the turkey from Simply Charmed.

The sentiment was printed from my computer and I hand cut the banner shape. (As you can tell if you look closely....the ends aren't even!).  I think my printer is low on ink because the letters don't look too vibrant.  Oh well!  I added a button with some twine spiff up the sentiment.  This was a fun card to make - I like that fancy turkey just sitting there waiting to be eaten!  I'm not a big turkey eater, but it looks cute on a card!  

I cut the oval from George and Basic Shapes to give the turkey a "mat".  I added the turkey using foam dots for some dimension.  I was determined to use this background paper and I still don't love it, honestly.  I think it's good thanksgiving colors, but it was hard to work with.

I inked all the edges using Brown ink by Colorbox and voila!

That's it for today.  

Blessings!
Cheryl


Products Used: