Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Craft Spot Challenge #32

I haven't participated in a challenge for a while, so I got busy this week.  I made this card for the Monday challenge at My Craft Spot.  The challenge is to create a project with a Thanksgiving theme.  

I created this card using the turkey from Simply Charmed.

The sentiment was printed from my computer and I hand cut the banner shape. (As you can tell if you look closely....the ends aren't even!).  I think my printer is low on ink because the letters don't look too vibrant.  Oh well!  I added a button with some twine spiff up the sentiment.  This was a fun card to make - I like that fancy turkey just sitting there waiting to be eaten!  I'm not a big turkey eater, but it looks cute on a card!  

I cut the oval from George and Basic Shapes to give the turkey a "mat".  I added the turkey using foam dots for some dimension.  I was determined to use this background paper and I still don't love it, honestly.  I think it's good thanksgiving colors, but it was hard to work with.

I inked all the edges using Brown ink by Colorbox and voila!

That's it for today.  

Blessings!
Cheryl


Products Used:

                       

7 comments:

  1. I think it is gorgeous!! you might be able to use it in the whimsical wednesday challenge and the cricut cardz challenge:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @teachdanz
    Thanks for the info! I will check those out....

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so perfect! Thanks for playing along with us over at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card,love the soft colours.Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! I love oval background and your turkey looks delicious! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! The sentiment is just perfect with the turkey image. Perfect papers, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummo! This looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!