Friday, November 11, 2011

Bee Happy!

This week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut was all about books.  I decided to play along and made a corner bookmark.  I have admired these from afar on many blogs but never made my own.  It was super easy and I think I will certainly be making more.  I just googled "corner bookmark" and found lots of tutorials and directions.

The patterned paper is by The Paper Studio.  I cut the base in white and then added a black mat for the patterned paper.

I cut a 1" strip of yellow and punched with a Martha Stewart border punch, then added a strip of ribbon.

The bee comes from Just Because Cards.  I added stitching with a black gen pen so the wings wouldn't look so plain.

I really enjoyed making this.  I am thinking I need all kinds of creatures on bookmarks.  Butterflies...ladybugs...owls...birdies....  I'm sure you'll be seeing more of these from me!  Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,
Cheryl