Friday, November 11, 2011

Mojo Monday Card

I am on a roll with these challenges this week!  I have had a blast creating things for the different challenges.  I've never used a Mojo Monday Sketch before and I have to admit....I might be hooked!  I have actually never used a card sketch before at all and it was a nice change to have the layout already done for me.  Here's the sketch we were to use:

And here's my interpretation.

The paper is from DCWV All About Girls Stack.  I used my Cricut.to cut all the shapes for the card.  I used George and Basic for the circle and ribbon/pennant shape.   For the pennant, I used a rectangle and added a triangle at the bottom on my Gypsy, so when it cut it made the correct shape.


The flower and leaves are from Plantin Schoolbook.  I cut the flower in 3 sizes and cut 3 of each size.  I layered them all and clipped together with a brad, then curled the edges just a bit.  I did two layers of each leaf so they would stand up a bit.


 I inked the edges of everything using Brown Colorbox ink.  For the sentiment, I cut a shape in two sizes from Elegant Edges and layered them.  The stamp is by Verve Stamps.  Can I just say how much I love Verve Stamps?  They are Fab-u-lous!  (No, they're not paying me to say this...but I wish they would!)  You can check them out HERE.

It's hard to tell in some of the pictures (especially with a broken light and horrible pics!), but the paper has lots of glitter and sparkles on it.  Love. It.  I would like to encourage you to check out the Mojo Monday Sketches and maybe try your hand at it.  I had a great time trying it out!

Blessings,
Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!