Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fancy Tree Card

Today I want to share a card using my newest cartridge - Straight From the Nest.  I love this cart!  The trees and flowers are super fun!  I have gotten several new carts the last few months and after the holidays, I can't wait to start sharing new stuff with you from all of them.


Do you recognize that orange polka dot paper on the tree?  It's actually sorta funny.  I got one 12x12 sheet of it at Michael's on sale for .20 and have now used it on 3 cards and still have some left.  Now that's thrifty, huh? Actually, I just love polka dots and orange fits this time of year, so it just worked out that way.  I cut the tree from Straight From the Nest.  I hand cut the "hills".

The sentiment is from a stamp I got at Joanns in the dollar bin!  It had some swirly things on it, but I wanted the simple wording so I cut those off.

I added the tree using foam tape, to give it some dimension.  The button is from the Walmart dollar bin and I added some twine to it to make it fancy.  =)

I must admit, I went out on a limb with this one.  Since I tend to be a little obsessive compulsive, I have a hard time making things in colors that aren't natural.  Obviously, hills aren't plaid (wouldn't it be cool if they were?) but when I got the idea for this card, I decided to try it.  I really like it, but my first instinct is to find a green-only pattern because that's the color of grass.  I know...I'm a little crazy.  I am learning to relax and try new things, thus an orange polka dot tree on plaid hills!

One last thing - I got some crazy good deals on cricutmachine.com today, so be on the lookout for a giveaway in the coming weeks!

Have a fantastic day!
Cheryl


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!