Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Grateful Card

I can't believe we are already in the second week of November!  This month is flying by so quickly.  You know, I said last Friday I was going to take a week off and I only made it to Wednesday!  I can't stay away from you all or my Cricut.  What can I say.....I missed you!

I made several Thanksgiving-ish cards last week, so I thought I'd share one today.


For the base of this card, I used Elegant Edges.  I sized it at 5" and welded the shadows together with my Gypsy.


"Grateful" is from Gypsy Wanderings and was cut at 3.5".  I added white dots with my Sakura Gel Pen and added an extra leaf just to give it some color.


The acorns are from Doodlecharms and the leaves are from Designer's Calendar.  I cut them all around 1/2" to 3/4" and inked the edges using Colorbox Chestnut Ink.  I glued some of the leaves down flat and then added some on top with foam dots for dimension.


A few weeks ago, I found these wooden buttons on clearance at Michael's.  They are great!  I tied some brown and white twine and added the button to the corner because it seemed sorta empty.


The polka dot paper is by Recollections.  A few weeks ago Michael's had their single sheets of 12x12 paper for .20 each.  I bought this one with Thanksgiving in mind.  It's been quite a bargain because this one 12x12 sheet has been used for 3 cards so far and I still have some left!  =)  (You will see it again soon...ha ha)

Have a blessed and fabulous day!
Cheryl

Products used:

                                      






2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the Shape!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you too! I really like this card. The shape and colors are fabulous. I love all the dimension too. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!