Monday, November 14, 2011

Grateful Leaves Card

Well, I made another card for a challenge.  I don't know why I'm on this challenge kick lately, but I'm enjoying it.  This card was made for the red, orange and brown challenge at FCCB this week.  


I have to start off by saying the leaves look really yellow in this picture, but they really look more orange in person, so I did try to follow the rules of the challenge.  You know me, I'm not a rule breaker!  =)


This is a regular A2 sized card.  I cut the base in white and then the mat from kraft cardstock.  I embossed the kraft paper using my new embossing folder by The Paper Studio.  I don't remember the name of it, but it looks like wood and I love it!  It's super fun, don't you think?  I thought this was a woodsy-ish card.  =)


The brown and white scallop is from my new cart, Winter Woodland.  The stamp is from the dollar bin at Walmart.  I inked the edges of everything with Chestnut Colorbox ink.


I cut the leaves and acorns from Doodlecharms.  I don't know the exact sizes; I just cut 3 sizes using my Gypsy.  It's hard to see, but the brown is shimmery and really lovely in person.  I added a couple layers of each leaf and used foam tape to give it dimension.


As you can tell here, I got a little carried away with the inking on my leaves.  I had to toss several of them because I dropped the ink pad on them.  Don't ya hate it when that happens?


Here's a quick look at the inside of the card.  It's really simple, but I wanted some color in there.

If you have time, you should check out this challenge - it was quite fun!  Have a great Monday evening!

Blessings,
Cheryl



10 comments:

  1. Love this card! It's so great-- I have been dying to get my hands on that embossing folder but no Hobby Lobby here and the last time I was at two both were sold out! But after seeing this I know I must get my hands on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!! I really like that embossing design!! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, This is just absolutely beautiful!!! I just love the leaves and the way you embossed the card to look like wood grain. Thanks so much for linking up with FCCB.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love the embossing.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! The embossing does look wood-y and the leaves are great! (Glad I'm not the only one who has to toss the rejects! LOL)

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your thanksgiving cards. I wish this season lasted longer bthanks for not moving to Christmas yet!!!
    Debbiefites

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Love the Cricut cuts and the embossing! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!
    glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful Fall card! I too love that embossing folder, I have not heard of that company. The leaves are great too, I love how you made them in a couple of sizes and then popped them up.
    Thank you for playing along in our Harvest Cricut Crawl this week at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! I love the embossing folder and the way you added dimension to the leaves! Gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

    Lisa
    FCCB Design Team Member
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!