Monday, November 14, 2011

Grateful Leaves Card

Well, I made another card for a challenge.  I don't know why I'm on this challenge kick lately, but I'm enjoying it.  This card was made for the red, orange and brown challenge at FCCB this week.  


I have to start off by saying the leaves look really yellow in this picture, but they really look more orange in person, so I did try to follow the rules of the challenge.  You know me, I'm not a rule breaker!  =)


This is a regular A2 sized card.  I cut the base in white and then the mat from kraft cardstock.  I embossed the kraft paper using my new embossing folder by The Paper Studio.  I don't remember the name of it, but it looks like wood and I love it!  It's super fun, don't you think?  I thought this was a woodsy-ish card.  =)


The brown and white scallop is from my new cart, Winter Woodland.  The stamp is from the dollar bin at Walmart.  I inked the edges of everything with Chestnut Colorbox ink.


I cut the leaves and acorns from Doodlecharms.  I don't know the exact sizes; I just cut 3 sizes using my Gypsy.  It's hard to see, but the brown is shimmery and really lovely in person.  I added a couple layers of each leaf and used foam tape to give it dimension.


As you can tell here, I got a little carried away with the inking on my leaves.  I had to toss several of them because I dropped the ink pad on them.  Don't ya hate it when that happens?


Here's a quick look at the inside of the card.  It's really simple, but I wanted some color in there.

If you have time, you should check out this challenge - it was quite fun!  Have a great Monday evening!

Blessings,
Cheryl