Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fun Acorn Card

Today I want to share a fun little card I made.  This will probably be my last Thanksgiving card because it's time to get ready for Christmas.  I realize alot of folks have been sharing Christmas projects for weeks now, but I think we rush into Christmas way too fast, so I decided to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday before moving to the next holiday.  OK...on to the important stuff.



 The colors aren't great in the pic.  As I mentioned in a previous post, since I killed one of my lights, I'm having difficulty getting good pictures.  I am working on getting a new one (bought one and it's worthless so I have to try again).

For the card base, I used the rounded square from George and Basic Shapes and welded the acorn to it using my Gypsy.  The acorn is from Doodlecharms.


I cut the acorn out in kraft cardstock and attached the card.  I then cut it again in the darker brown and just used the top portion.  I embossed it and attached it with foam dots.


The sentiment is a stamp from Walmart's dollar bin.  I added some twine and bling and attached it with foam dots.  I inked the edges of everything with Chestnut Colorbox ink.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I so appreciate all of you taking time from your busy schedule to check out my crafty stuff.  And I love sharing it with you!

Blessings,
Cheryl