Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yummy Birthday Card

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you’re all having a great day.  I’ve had a leisurely day off work today.  Not by my choice really, but it has been relaxing.  I noticed my eyes were burning Sunday night before I went to bed.  By Monday morning, I looked like I’d been punched in both eyes.  It was awful!  I thought it was allergies but it just got worse over the course of the day.  I finally broke down and went to the clinic and I apparently have conjunctivitis (a.k.a. pink eye) in both eyes.  ICK!  I have no idea how I got it.
They said I could have picked it from a door handle or a pen or any surface, really. Which makes me not want to touch anything…ewww. Anyway, since it’s extremely contagious, my boss told me I should probably go ahead and stay home today so I don’t touch the copy machine, phone or door handle and pass it to a co-worker. Sadly, I do have to go back to work tomorrow. On to the important stuff…
On Tuesdays, I normally highlight the cartridge of the month. However, I will be taking a break from that for October. I have a big list of projects that need to be done, so I’ll be sharing those with you instead. Here’s a birthday card I made this weekend.
sundae bday front
The card base measures 5” x 6.5”.  A few weeks ago, Michael’s had packs of 50 cards with envelopes for $3.00 each, so I bought one white and one off-white pack.  I don’t usually use the pre-cut cards, but it’s nice to have them on hand with an envelope ready to go.  The scalloped mat is from Elegant Edges.  I inked the edges of everything with charcoal ink.
sundae bday cherry close up
The sundae is from Birthday Bash.  I added glossy accents to the cherry and sprinkles to make them shiny.
sundae bday sentiment side
I stamped the sentiment in clear Versamark ink an embossed it with white embossing powder.
sundae bday inside
This is the inside of the card.  I used the paper from the outside and punched the plaid piece using a Martha Stewart punch.
Thanks for looking today!  Have a great evening!
Blessings,
Cheryl

4 comments:

  1. An absolutely adorable birthday card -- yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Cheryl! I need to use my expression more...you did a fantastic job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy card - sorry couldn't resist!Hope your eyes are feeling better.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card. It's making me crave a sundae! LOL. Thanks for sharing. Hope your eyes are better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!