Saturday, October 1, 2011

MPS Christmas Card Challenge

Finally!  I can post a card!  This has been a crazy day with blogger.  I decided to play along with a few challenges for World Card Making Day and I finishing them up now.  Robyn @ My Pink Stamper has a challenge to make a Christmas card.  Can you believe we're already in October?  Christmas is just around the corner.  I am determined to get my cards all done by November, so this was a perfect time to start on them.  


I decided to make a card using non-traditional Christmas colors.  I sold my big Christmas tree in the garage sale last year with the intention of buying a new one when we move into a different house.  Now, all I have is a smaller pink tree my dad bought me a few years ago, so that will be our tree this year.  (LOVE IT!!!!)  So, I decided to do a pink tree on my card.  Well, that and because pink is the best, obviously.  The tree is from Holiday Cakes.

The scallop square is from Elegant Edges (my new FAVE cart - so glad I broke down and bought it).  The stamp is from Hobby Lobby and although it doesn't look like it in the pic, it's actually stamped in lime green to match the paper.  I added some bling just to make it sparkle.


This card was super simple, but I love the colors.  I am going to try to make 1-2 cards per week so I'm ready when Christmas comes. Have you started on your holiday cards yet?
Blessings,

6 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love the colors. Thanks for joining us for the MPS Christmas card challenge.

    Angela
    MPS Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. ╔══════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════╗


    I like the unique color scheme. It's so cheerful too!


    Hugs and Blessings!
    Jasmine Wilmany






    I'm a Cricut Circle member too!

    ╚══════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════╝

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is REALLY cute! I love the color combo, the pink tree is great!! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your non traditional colours,pretty card.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and love the different colors:) TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite one, but what is that inside the (o) letter, it seems something overload.

    Plastic Card
    Plastic business cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!