Friday, October 7, 2011

Love is in the air...

Today I want to share a wedding card that I made for my hubby's cousin.  Have I ever mentioned to you how much I love weddings?  I do!  I love the fancy schmancy, expensive stuff and the complete frivolity of all the things we buy for our weddings.  You know like the $400 ice sculpture that you just have to have?  (Been there, done that!)  Looking back, I have no idea why I felt the need to pay $400 for frozen water in the shape of a swan, but I sure did.  I will blame it on the fact that I was 21 years old and so in love that I had to share it with the world.  Of course, if I could have another wedding today, I'm sad to say, I probably would spend more money than I ever did before.   Moving right along to the card...


I made this card to fit a business size (#10) envelope, so it measures 4" x 9".  I really like the look of these tall, thin cards.  The card base is black.  The white, swirly design is from Lyrical Letters.  This cut is normally square but I stretched and re-sized it to fit this card.



The stamp is from the dollar bin at Walmart.  I have been going to town on that dollar bin!  Every time I go to Walmart, I pick up one stamp and one pack of bling.  I'm getting a good collection and only spending a couple of bucks each time.


This flower is from Designer's Calendar.  I was just scrolling through and saw it and thought it would be good to make a layered flower.  The center of the flower is from a pack of "raindrops" that I bought at Big Lots a long time ago.  I use these sparingly because I haven't found them again and I really like them.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!