Friday, September 23, 2011

Simple Cards

As I mentioned previously, I finally broke down and bought Elegant Edges over the weekend.  I only had a few minutes to use it the night I bought it, but wanted to try out some of the cuts, so I made the following cards.


As I said this is SUPER simple.  I cut the scallop shape from my newest love, Elegant Edges.  I cut the base and shadow in white and just layered them. 


I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts, I think...) and put on with foam tape for dimension.  I actually went back later and added some blink and inking, but don't have a picture of that.

For the next card, I cut the border from Elegant Edges.  I had no plan for either of these, but was itching to use this cart the night I brought it home, so I just played around for a few minutes before bed.


I used the border feature for this cut.  The paper and stamp are from the dollar bin at Walmart. 


I added a button with some twine tied through it because the red looked sorta plain.

Don't forget, I'm having a giveaway this week.  You can view the post here.  Since I will be super busy tomorrow, I have decided to extend the deadline to Sunday, so you have a few more days if you haven't entered yet.  I will draw a winner on Monday.

I am working on several cards using this fabulous new cartridge, so I'll share those soon, hopefully.  I have you all have a blessed and fabulous weekend!

Blessings,
Cheryl




5 comments:

  1. Those are really nice.

    Lori
    Bloggin The Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but really cute!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of these cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two super cards! I like the look of that cartridge! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!