Monday, September 26, 2011

Aloha!

Aloha!  Happy Monday to you all!  I have a different project to share with you today.  My sister-in-law threw a Hawaiian themed wedding shower over the weekend.  They asked everyone to bring gift cards in lieu of gifts and she asked me to make a card box to sit on the table.  I wasn't sure what to make it look like, so I just guessed!  Here's what I came up with....


I had forgotten to take a picture until I was on my way out the door with this, so please ignore the dirty cutting mat and messy desk behind it!  I used Life's A Beach for all the cuts.  I covered the box with blue paper for the sky, then added the sand and the water.  I used the font from this cart for the words.  Since there's no shadow feature, I just layered the different colors on the letters.



I added the trees, birds and a cute little crab.  It's hard to tell in the pic, but I covered the crab with glossy accents to make his shell shiny.



On the other side, I added some flip flops.  I was really debating on whether I should add more to the front??  I didn't want overkill, but it also seemed a little plain to me.


This is one side of the box.  I thought this hula girl was super cute, but too big to put on the front with the wording.



Here's the other side of the box.  I added some cute little animals to this side.  I was going to go back and add more details, but I just ran out of time because some things came up while I was working on it.  Hopefully this worked for her.  I was unable to attend the shower because of a previous commitment, so I wasn't able to see if it went well with the other decor.  I had no idea how to make a "card box" or what it should look like, so I was totally flying blind on this one.

Blessings,
Cheryl

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!