Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Good Morning!  I wanted to start off today by saying thanks so much to all of you for your kind words and birthday wishes.  I feel so blessed to have gotten to know some of you through email and I love, love, love hearing from you! 

I have a project to share with you from this month's highlighted cartridge, Simply Charmed.  This should have been posted yesterday, but I was off celebrating my birthday with a horrible dinner at Applebee's.  No joke!  You know those dinners where everything is bad?  That was it.  My husband was really upset because he felt like my birthday dinner was ruined, but we had a nice time together, so it was fine.  I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat, and they have this Chicken Fajita Roll Up that I love there, so we went.  To summarize - Our waiter pulled a great disappearing act for the entire meal (no drink refills, napkins, etc), they left the sauce and onions off my hubbies sliders (only meat and bread!!), they left the dipping sauce off my meal (my favorite part) and then we couldn't find him for the check and sat forever just waiting on him to appear.  On top of all this, our food took forever to come out and was soggy like it had been sitting in the kitchen under a warming light for a long time.  The best part of my meal was my Dr. Pepper (which never got refilled).  Honest.  Ok, I'm done griping.  Onto the card... 

I have a disclaimer - I am not loving this card.  I know I'm always super critical of my work, but this one is just...lacking.  I decided to go ahead and share with you because, well, I spent a long time on it and why not?  =)  I know you all are so kind you'll love me anyway, right?  In spite of a rough looking card?  I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.  Anyway, here it is.


I think these little Russian doll cuts are super cute.  I don't find many situations where they apply, so I have to use them on generic cards when I cut them.  The doll is cut at 3.5".  The card is 4"x9" to fit into a #10 envelope.


The sentiment is stamp from the new dollar bins at Walmart.  They have some pretty cute stamps, if you can find them.  Our is always sold out, so I got lucky on this one.



I added the cute little doll with foam dots for dimension.

Thanks for checking out my project today.  I have to share my excitement with you - I finally got Elegant Edges!  Yippee Skippy!  I have looked for that cart forever at a reasonable price.  I am working on some projects now using that cart, so I'll start sharing soon.  I am falling in the love with it quickly - it has some great cuts!  Have a fabulous Wednesday!!

4 comments:

  1. I think it is great Cheryl! Sometimes we make our projects too busy:-) This is perfect the way it is-TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty! I love it!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card turned out so pretty. Well worth your effort. : ) I love how the black grounds the card. Pretty color combo. Can't wait to see what you do with Elegant Edges. I have that cart and love it! (Sorry about your birthday dinner. That's a bummer. Happy belated birthday.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little girl cut-out! She's shaped kinda like me! Maybe I'm secretly Russian?? JK!! I'm pure white! :) Anyways, now on to tell you that I'm jealous that you found that stamp and I didn't!! Super cute! Hook me up when you find the Wally World bins full. You know where to find me....you could hold one of my kids hostage for the $1! :) Cute card....as always Cheryl!! (Dori)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!