Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A day late....

Happy Wednesday to you all!  I am a day late posting this, so my apologies.  I was due to post the new project from the cartridge of the month yesterday and since I had the day off work and was "in the zone" cleaning feverishly, I totally forgot!  Major blonde moment!  Anyway, since it's a new month, it's time for a new cartridge.  This month, I'll be exploring Simply Charmed.  At first, I was hesitant to buy this cartridge.  I like alot of the cuts, but I don't want everything I make to have a smiley face.  So, when I got my Gypsy, I ordered it right away because I can hide the faces if I want.  Sometimes they're cute, but sometimes, they just don't go, you know?


I made this card for my brother's birthday.  He turned 32 last week and I wanted to make a silly card because I sorta feel like neither of us ever grew up!  I will be 36 this month and I still feel like a kid at times.  I have wanted to use this burger cut forever.  Since I was giving him a gift card to a burger restaurant, I thought it would be perfect.  Not your normal birthday card, but oh well!


The burger comes from Simply Charmed.  I used patterned paper for the lettuce, tomato and meat.  It looked sorta boring with solid colors.  I inked the edges with brown ink and added wiggly eyes.  I love this little burger man!! 


I cut the fries and box by hand because I don't have a cart with fries on it.  I inked the edges of the fries as well using brown ink.  I put some of the fries in there using my ATG gun and some using some foam tape so there would be some dimension.


The stamp is from a cupcake set by Hero Arts.  I stamped it in black and then embossed it with clear powder.  I think embossing is grand, don't you?  It makes my cards happier, I'm sure.



On the inside, I stamped "Happy Birthday" and added a sleeve to hold the gift card.  Although this was simple, I enjoyed making this card.  Sometimes it's such fun to just be silly, isn't it?  I love fancy, detailed cards, but occasionally it's great to do something completely silly!

One last thing....  A few months ago I asked for your input on my cartridge of the month selections.  There were many requests for me to use Elegant Edges.  I haven't forgotten your requests; I just don't have that cart.  I will confess a big secret to you guys if you promise not to tell - I am really cheap when it comes to buying cartridges!  (Gasp!!!)  I have looked for this cart on EBay and it's going for around $50+ and I just haven't been able to pay that much yet.  If you all have any suggestions on a good place to find a great deal on this or other carts, I would love to have your input.  I am keeping my eyes open and will purchase it one of these days.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,
Cheryl



7 comments:

  1. very cute card. Elegant Edges- I would be more than happy to loan this cartridge to you. I have it loaded on my gypsy so I wouldnt be without it. And I would love some ideas on how to use it. I saw so many ideas when it first came out and I just had to have it, but by the time I bought it, I had forgotten them. I also stalk ebay, but I have also gotten good deals at paper crafting pro. email me and we can discuss borrowing the cartridge.

    Darlene
    desaucier at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    www.cricutmachine.com always has sales on the cartridges and they change all the time. I have never paid more than $25.00 on that site. Also, my Wal-Mart has had Cricut Lite cartridges on sale for $20.00. They are re-doing the store and bringing back fabric and other things...don't know if this is nation wide or not, but it is happening in both of my Wal-Marts. I can't remember which place I got my Elegant Edges, but I like it very much and have used it quite often. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, love all the ideas on your blog, i am a new follower, looking forward to some of the blog hops, still trying to figure all the in's and outs, love the sharing going on and the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me wanna grab some ketchup ;) Love it.
    I just started my blog. I'd love for you to stop by.

    Beckie
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @BrendaThanks, Brenda! I love sharing with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @AnonymousThanks for the info! Sadly, my Walmart only had one Lite cart and it wasn't one I wanted. =( Too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @DarleneDarlene, I have been hesitant with Paper Crafting Pro because I haven't known anyone whose ordered from there. Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it now that you've had good luck with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!