Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fancy Card

Today I want to share a simple, fancy card with you.  This is one of the thank you cards I made for the order from my photographer friend at church.

bw yellow flower card 1

This card measures 5x5 square.  I cut the flower from Serenade and the stamp is from Michael’s dollar bin.

bw yellow flower card 3

This patterned section is cut from Lyrical Letters.  Doesn’t it just look like beautiful patterned paper?  It’s not!  Fooled ya, didn’t I?  Ok, maybe not.  But it was worth a try.

bw yellow flower card 2

To decorate the flower, I added a black button with some bling stuck in the middle with a glue dot.  That’s it!  Super simple, but I just love it.  I really am liking the bright yellow with the black and white.  Doesn’t that bright flower just make you happy?  You could say it looks…friendly. 

“Don’t you think daisies are the friendliest flower?” 

If you don’t know this line, it’s from You’ve Got Mail.  Totally irrelevant to what I’m talking about but my mind always goes to quotes from that movie because it’s the best…movie…ever.  I know I’ve told you that before.  Can’t help myself!

I hope your day is blessed, happy and cool during this sweltering summer heat!

Blessings,
Cheryl 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing the blog hop. With all the new carts the old ones seem to get left in my box. I will have to get out wild card next time I have a b-day card to do. I think my fav. older cart is paper doll dress up. But I do love doodlecharm too. Thanks again. Becky
    blarson.2@netzero.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many cuts of the flower did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. new follower and I'm going through some of your old posts. Love this card. Also love that quote. You've Got Mail is a movie I watch over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!