Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Birthday Candles!

It sure seems like I've been making alot of birthday cards lately, doesn't it? Alot of folks have birthdays in August and September! I have one more for you today. It's really simple, but I was pleased with the result.



I used Birthday Bash to cut the candles. For each candle, I used a lighter shade for the melted wax portion on the top. I embossed each candle using a different Cuttlebug folder and inked them to help it show up better.


I stamped the sentiment and then added doodling with a black pen. Super simple!! I also added yellowish-gold glitter to the center of the flames to make them sparkle. I made this on my gypsy and I'm sorry to say I didn't write down the size I cut the candles. I want to say they were around 1.5" - 2".
Thanks for stopping by today!
Blessings,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,
    I love your card!!!The candles are just too cute!!! But I stopping by because...........

    I wanted to thank you for your advice about my classes....I really appreciate your input.....

    Thank you,
    Mistyrose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the free flow style of this card...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Cheryl! I am so card-napping this idea -- we have tons of August birthadys and I'm running out of ideas! TFS

    ~ Jen @ Musings of a Crafty Mom
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!