Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stamping Solutions - Week 4

Good Morning Everyone!  (or at least everyone in the central time zone of the US... for some of you, it's Goodnight!)  I'm back with another project from this month's cartridge, Stamping Solutions.  I have been trying to challenge myself with this cartridge to use the cuts in a different way, so that's what I did this time.


For the card base, I cut the scallop rectangle using the blackout feature.  I then cut a card fit the center of it and rounded the corners before adhering.  All paper are by Colorbok.



For the flowers, I cut scalloped circles, also using the blackout feature.  I cut 3 sets of circles in different sizes, cutting each one .25" smaller than the one before so they would "nest" inside each other.  I have pictures showing how I made the flowers 3D, however, I left them at home and I'm at work now!  Oops!  I will try to get the instructions up this week, in case you're interested.  


I cut some leaves (surprise....using the blackout feature!) and added brads to the center of the flowers.  I made two of these cards and on my other one, I used bling in the center instead of brads.  Not sure which I like better....


To finish it off, I added the stamped sentiment.  I am not loving the pink ink, but it's done now, so what can ya do?  Be sure to check back later in the week for the instructions on how to make the flowers. 

Have a blessed and happy day!!
Cheryl 

2 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous Cheryl! Very fresh and vibrant! (I didn't give the pink greeting a thought until you mentioned it)! It's fine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Cheryl. Especially love the flowers. I agree with Viv that the pink looks fine. If it's really bugging you though, you can trace over it with another color. I've done that before. Restamp your sentiment on a scrap piece of paper then trace over it with the color you want to try. If you like it then you can trace over on the actual card. If you don't like it, then no harm done. : ) Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!