Monday, August 1, 2011

Banner Thank You Card

I have yet another thank you card to share with you.  I've been very thankful lately!!  =)  I made this for another friend who helped me with my booth a few weeks ago.
 
 I used all papers from my stash of scraps, so I'm not sure where they all came from.  The cartridge used was Birthday Bash.  It has some great banner cuts on there that I had never noticed before!


I cut the shadow of each pennant in white, then cut the different colored, patterned papers out to layer.  The font is from Birthday Bash as well.  I toyed around with cutting the shadow for each letter, but it seemed too busy. 


I added the banner pieces on foam tape so they would stand out and positioned them across the card evenly.  (If you look closely at the first pic, that didn't work out so well for me!  They're not spaced as perfectly as I'd hoped.)


 I added twine to look like it was holding the banner together.  I tied bows through buttons on each end to "string it up".  For the little {fake} mini brads, I used a black sharpie, made a dot in each corner and then covered with glossy accents so it looked like brads or tacks of some sort. 

 The bottom sentiment was hand cut and handwritten.  Once I was finished, I really thought this card needed something else, but couldn't figure out what??  Suggestions??  I love the colors and brightness of it, it just seems....incomplete.  I am not sure what I could have added, but I'm open to your thoughts on it!

Thanks for looking today!

Blessings,
Cheryl

6 comments:

  1. This is a FANTASTIC CARD! Thanks so much for making this because I've been looking at a banner stamp set, but this is so much easier. I was like, "Do I really want to stamp and cut out each banner from a stamp set? I wonder if there's one on Cricut ..." and before I could look (or forget~), you posted this card! I also like how you made the fake brads. I don't things that small, so that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @RachelRachel, Thanks so much! I love all the banner cuts from Birthday Bash - I would highly recommend that cartridge if you like the look of pendants and banners. I have to admit, I'm way too lazy to stamp and cut things out, so this is the way to go for me!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the card needs anything else - it is perfect the way it is!! I love your idea for the fake mini brads!!
    teachdanz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! Your card doesn't need a thing...I love it!!! :) You did a great job!!!!!! And I never thought to make my own brads. Thank you for sharing a new technique!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    Partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 5th try at leaving a comment! Hope this works! Love the card ! I didn't realize that those other things on Birthday bash were banners. Can't wait to try this idea. Would you share the size of cuts used? Thanks!
    www.fnafites@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!