Saturday, July 30, 2011

Flowery Thank You!

As some of you may remember, I mentioned a few weeks ago that several folks helped me out and spent a TON of time helping me with my booth at the conference earlier in the month.  Now that I've given them their thank you cards, I can share them with you! 

Lately, I've been totally enthralled with the work of Donna Mundinger over at Popsicle Toes.  She's fabulous at making shaped cards with tons of layers.  This card was inspired by her style.  I am not nearly as talented as her when it comes to layering, but I'm certainly gonna practice!


Here's a front view of the card.  I used Gypsy Wanderings, Serenade and George and Basic Shapes for the card. 


From the front, it's hard to tell how it's put together.  As you can see, the front of the card is shaped and the back is plain.  For the base, I used brown Kraft paper.  The patterned paper is from a stack by Recollections from Michael's.

This is an inside view.  I welded the shadow of the flowers and the phrase to the shape to form the card.  I cut a liner from patterned paper to cover the inside.





For each flower, I cut a few shadows and a few layers of each shape.  I added pearls to the center for accent on each flower.


I put some pearls on the letters because they looked sorta plain to me.  I've never been a big fan of pearls, normally I prefer something more "bling-y", but I am starting to love them after using them on this card!

On several of the blogs I follow, I've read about alot of folks using colored foam and making their own dimensionals, so I tried that with this card.  I bought a big pack of colored fun foam that's sticky on one side.  I've heard about people running it through their Xyron machine to make a sticker, but I just ran a line of adhesive from my ATG gun on it and stuck it on.  If you look closely, you can see a tiny bit of the foam, but since it's color matched to the flowers, it's actually quite camouflaged.  I never thought it would be that much cheaper, but now I'm a believer! 
Here's one last look at the front of the card.  There's just one problem - I didn't leave much room to write without my words showing!  Yikes!  It's for my mom and I know she understands beauty over function, so it's all good!  Things have to look good and then we worry about them being functional!!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed day!

Blessings,
Cheryl