Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Simple Flower Card

Happy Hump Day!  For those of you who have never heard of that, it's Wednesday and we're at the top of the hill, almost on our way down the other side toward the weekend!It's been a long week already, so I'm ready for some relaxing time on Saturday.  I wanted to share a card that I made a few weeks ago.  I sorta borrowed this idea - I saw a similar card, then put my twist on it.  

(You'll have to forgive the background on the pic - it's in the breakroom at work!)  I used Live Simply for the flower.  Don't you love this odd flower?  I do!  My husband looked at it and said "I love it - Is is a flower?"  I thought that was obvious, but maybe not to a man...ha ha.  The patterned paper is from KI Memories (two different stacks) and the solid is by Colorbok at Walmart (love that paper - cuts beautifully in the Cricut).  


I added the sentiment using a stamp from Hobby Lobby and added white stitching using my Sakura gel pen.  I really love the cheerful colors.  Don't the colors just make you feel happy and sunny?

I am finally getting around to sharing all the cards I made a few weeks ago for my booth at the conference I went to.  I have more for you tomorrow!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!  For those of you under the "heat dome" over the USA, stay cool!!!

Blessings,
Cheryl

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!