Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Miscellaneous Cards

Happy Tuesday!  Today is supposed to be my cartridge of the month exploration day, however, since I was so busy with my preparations for my craft booth last week, I haven't done that this month.  I will start back in August.  Instead, I thought I'd share a couple of miscellaneous cards with you that I've made over the last few weeks.  I took these pictures in the break room at work, so please ignore the glare and the background! 

I made this same card in different colors a few weeks ago.  The tulips are from Create A Critter.  I really like these tulips, so I decided to make another one in different colors.  I think I like the original better, but I do like the this polka dot paper.


Here's a close up of the flowers.  I only did one layer of dimension on the tulips because I was going to mail this card. 


For this card, I used Just Because Cards for the flower and I cannot remember the rest!  I love those tall sunflower cut.  I've never used it before, but I will certainly be using it again.

I inked the edges and added some twine on the front.  You can see (just barely) that I added a sunflower to the inside corner as well.  I don't know why, but I never used to embellish the inside of my cards.  Then I realized how much better they look when you do!


One more thing - I will be participating in the Old School Cartridges Blog Hop on August 5-6, hosted by Kassidy over at http://inkingitupcrazy.blogspot.com/.  We will be going "Old School" and using cartridges that are 2 years old or older.  We gotta show some love to those old, neglected cartridges, right?  There are some great ladies participating in this hop, so be sure to check it out.  Of course, I'll have blog candy as well and we all like that, don't we?  

Have a great day!

Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Love your cards and all of your work. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this card so much I gave one a similar try. not as good as yours, guessed on all the sizes but I sure do love this card design:-)
    http://teachdanz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!