Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Broken Promises!

Good morning to all of you!  I wanted to start off by letting you all know I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days.  The last time I posted, I told you all I would add some projects over the weekend and I broke my promise!  Can you ever forgive me?  =)  Things should be back on track now and I have lots of pictures to share with you.  I had the opportunity to have a booth at a conference for the last two days to sell some of my creations.  I ended up working like a mad woman into all hours of the night (over the last week) to get my projects done and had no time to post.  I actually didn't even take pictures of my goodies, but I had a few of each item left, so I will be sharing pics of those. 

Have any of you done craft fairs, booths, etc?  Since this was only my 2nd time, I am still getting into the groove of it.  One of the big things I don't have down is display.  If any of you have display suggestions or ideas, I'd love to hear them!  I would love to have a rack for my cards, but I also had things like bookmarks, cash envelope systems, post it holders, etc.

My dad is a Pastor and he'd told me about this opportunity.  It was a conference for Pastors from all over and was held at the hotel where they all stayed.  I think that really helped my sales because they had to go past my table to go to their classes and meetings, so several folks came back a couple of times to buy.

Before I sign off, I wanted to say a quick thank you to my dad, mom, sister-in-law and my pal, Maribel.  They were all so kind and wonderful helping me with this booth and getting it going.  I had several special orders during the conference and my mom sat with me all day yesterday gluing, stamping, cutting and scoring to make sure I could fill all the orders.  My sister-in-law and friend, Maribel also did the same for me on Monday and Tuesday night.  They were so kind and just sat there and let me boss them around and tell them what to do!  =)  It made my life so much easier and I honestly would not have been able to make all the sales if they hadn't helped me out.  My dad secured the booth for me, promoted me and helped me out too.  Not to mention he gave me a new, fabulous pink flash drive!  Anything in pink makes me happy....  Back on topic,  I have the best family and friends ever!  I appreciate their support more than they'll ever know and I can never express all of my gratitude in words.  I have to say thanks to my husband as well.  I've been working like crazy and have not kept the laundry up or cleaned the house and I have let a lot of things slide to work on this.  He would tell me every day "Don't worry about any of it; I want you to be successful with your booth and the house stuff can wait".  He helped me with dishes, laundry and cleaning and punched a gazillion little flowers for me.  I appreciate his support of my paper obsession!

I don't think we express our gratitude enough to those we love.  I know I am always busy with my own stuff that I don't say it enough.  So, thanks for indulging me and and letting me share it with all of you!  That last paragraph sorta sounded like I won something and was giving my acceptance/thank you speech, doesn't it?  (If only I had a fabulous dress to wear and got to walk the red carpet....)

My last thank you for the day, I promise, is for YOU!  As I mentioned in my last post, I consider all of my followers friends and I love sharing my life with you.  Thank you for faithfully looking at my creations and leaving such nice comments.

Have a blessed day!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!