Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sunny Card!

At the end of last summer, our lawnmower died, so we decided we would get a new one this year.  Well, this year is here and we haven’t bought a new one yet.  Of course, the lawn was looking rough last week (to put it nicely), so we borrowed a mower to at least knock the grass down to a reasonable level until we could go get a mower.  Then, last night I got a text message saying “Keep the mower, we got a new one”!  Thank you Lord for the blessing of a new mower for FREE!  So…I decided to make a thank you card.  And it had to have grass on it, of course. 

sunny grass card 2

For the card base, I used Birthday Bash.  I love this card shape.

sunny grass card 4

The tree is from Simply Charmed.  I added some purple buttons instead of cutting the flowers that go with it.  The clouds and sun came from Create A Critter.

sunny grass card 7

I cut the grass from Plantin Schoolbook.  The stamp is from the dollar bin at Michaels and I put it on pop dots to make it stand out.

sunny grass card 6

I’m really happy with this card.  It looks really bright and cheery in person.  The pics don’t do the colors justice. 

One last thing…..the giveaway!!  I want to say thanks to all of you who entered.  I feel truly blessed to be able to share my creations with you through my blog and am so thankful for you guys!  Chosen randomly, the winner is….

jennyevans said...
 
I love that you are doing Boys Will Be Boys right now!! So, anything else from that would be amazing!! Also, Sports Mania, if you have it...
I left a post about your giveaway:

Have a great day!!
Jenny

Congratulations, Jenny!  Send me an email with your address and I’ll get your goodies in the mail to you. 

Talk to you all again soon…

Blessings,
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. I love your card! It is so bright and cheerful. I also love the inking and how you added the buttons. :) Tfs and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!