I've received several emails over the last few weeks from new Cricut users. One of the questions I've been asked is "I'm just starting out, what are some cartridges you would suggest?" Wow - there are so many great ones, that's tough! But, here are my top 5 (in no particular order) along with a creation from each:
1. Paisley - I can remember the week I bought my Cricut, this cart had just come out. I saw the box and LOVED it instantly. It's very versatile and has great cuts. Only one word of caution - it can have lots of layers!
2. Simply Charmed - When this cart first came out, I wasn't sold on it. I don't like everything to have smiley faces! But...I found it on sale really cheap and I am so glad I bought it. I use it like crazy since I've gotten my Gypsy and can hide the faces, if needed.
3. Just Because Cards - I know alot of folks did scrapbooking and then got into cards. I have always just been a cardmaking kind of gal! I love the images and word art on this cartridge.
4. Birthday Bash - This is a newer one for me and I'm really loving the cuts! There are a lot of really cute card bases to choose from that don't have to be used for birthdays.
5. Live Simply (Lite Cartridge) - This has super cute cuts on it! I have a bunch more projects I've made with it, but I'm working the tutorials now, so hopefully you'll see them soon!
What's really funny is as soon as I finished uploading all these pics, I started changing my mind about my top 5!! It's so hard to choose. And I haven't bought new carts in a while, so there are TONS of new ones I want. Gotta start a list...
So....now that I've shared, I've love to hear from you? What are your favorite carts? What would you recommend to a new Cricut crafter? Leave me a comment and let me know. I will choose a couple randomly to receive some cards from me!
Have a great afternoon!