Monday, June 27, 2011

Two Lips!

I think tulips are the best flower God ever made!  They are so beautiful and perfect.  Of course, the pink ones are the prettiest. 

I’ve seen several cards made using this cut from Create A Critter and have wanted to use it for a while.  I made this card for a friend’s birthday. 

tulips 1

I used a stack of paper by KI Memories.  I love the soft, yet bold colors of this stack. 

tulips 2

Since I wasn’t going to mail the card, I added several dimensional layers.  I love layers!

tulips 3

I inked the edges of everything, added highlights using the white gel pen and added a couple of green pearls to the corners.

tulips 4

Thanks for stopping by today.  I’ll be back soon with more fun stuff to share with you!

Blessings,
Cheryl

7 comments:

  1. Love the colors and dimension of the flowers. I am sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I agree with you that tulips are the best! I initially thought I would have a tulip bouquet for my wedding (haha, now I just want whatever's in season in May, which would be the least expensive). I love how you used the same two colors throughout the card but mixed it up with the different patterns. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize these were on Create a Critter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! I just came across your blog and your cards are all beautiful! I'm your newest follower. :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!